Abstract Submission CLOSED on May 5, 2022
Before beginning your abstract submission, please collect the following:
- Presenting authors contact information and affiliation
- Co-Authors names, affiliations and email
- Principal Investigator/Lab Head name, email and affiliation
Abstract Submission Guidelines for pdf submission
Please review the Abstract Submission Example Document. This document provides instructions for formatting and can be used as a template.
- The abstract submission must be formatted to the A5 page size.
- Font must be in Times New Roman 11pt.
- The abstract body text has a 300-word count limit.
- Select your presentation preference: oral or poster presentation or no preference.
- Include all authors and affiliations in submission, including the submitting author, any co-authors, and Principal Investigator/Lab Head.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English with spelling and grammar of a quality suitable for publication.
- All submissions will print the exact way they are submitted. They must be submitted as pdf files.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author, advisors may not submit an abstract for another person.
- Instructions for preparing Posters will be sent to all accepted poster presenters
KSHV 2022 Abstract submission topics:
- Clinical Research including natural history, diagnosis, disease staging, treatment and prevention
- Virus Structure
- Virus Replication
- Virus-Host Interactions
- Viral Pathogenesis
- Immunity and Vaccines
- Latency and Reactivation
Abstracts are accepted on a wide range of themes according to the abstract submission topics listed above. The corresponding topic must be selected to ensure correct scoring of the abstract. (If more than one topic is relevant, then indicate 1st choice and 2nd choice.) The abstracts will be peer-reviewed and selected for oral or poster presentation.
Abbreviations should be indicated in parentheses following their first mention in the text. Trade names cannot be mentioned in the title. However, trade names in brackets will be accepted in the body of the text.
Conflict of Interest Policy: It is the intent of the 24th International Conference on Kaposi’s Sarcoma Herpesvirus (KSHV) and Related Agents to provide high-quality sessions focused on educational content that is free from commercial influence or bias. Thus, the submitting author of an abstract is requested to declare any potential conflicts of interest for all authors during abstract submission. All speakers should include a disclosure slide as the first slide in the presentation, disclosing any potential conflicts of interest.
- All submissions are reviewed by the conference program committee.
- Proposals constituting sales pitches for products or services will not be considered.
- Any submissions not chosen for an oral presentation will receive a poster presentation.
- Authors will be notified of the abstract acceptance/rejection by May 28, 2021.
Submitting an Abstract
- All presenting authors must be registered for the meeting by May 14, 2021.
- Include the a) KSHV Topic and b) Potential Conflict of Interest in the body of your email, and attach your abstract as a pdf file (author last name for file name) to [email protected]. Final decisions about oral vs. poster presentations will be made after abstract review by the Scientific Advisory Committee.
- The third and final step is to review your submission and submit. You will receive a confirmation email after your abstract submission has been successfully received. Deadline is extended to May 5, 2022
If you have any questions about abstract submissions, please contact the KSHV 2022 Abstracts Team at [email protected]