Invitations to Industry & Institutions to Sponsor KSHV 2019
Sponsorship opportunities are available to pharmaceutical and biotech companies, institutions and foundations wishing to support the 22nd International Workshop on Karosi Sarcoma Herpesvirus (KSHV) & Related Agents, organized under the auspices of Weill Medical College of Cornell University. As of April 30th there are 164 participants registered to attend and 127 abstracts have been submitted and are under review for oral and poster presentation.
The international KSHV Workshops serve as the premier forum for the exchange of new research developments in the field of gamma-herpesvirus biology and disease as it relates to Kaposi’s sarcoma virus (KSHV). Researchers in the vibrant KSHV field have held 21 previous annual conferences, typically attended by 120-175 participants. A yearly meeting is key to enhance interactions among all scientists in the field and promote interdisciplinary communication and collaborations among gamma-herpesvirus researchers with expertise that span molecular virus biology, innate and adaptive immunobiology, animal models of pathogenesis, pathology, epidemiology and therapeutic strategies. Thus, this meeting facilitates cross-fertilization of ideas, techniques, and reagents.
Tremendous progress has been made in the field, but this virus infection still poses a significant cancer burden to at-risk populations worldwide. The Kaposi’s sarcoma field is an active and complex multi-disciplinary intersection of cancer biology and the pathogenesis of chronic herpesvirus infection with translational medicine involving rapid diagnostics and drug discovery. Participants include research scientists from academia, industry, and government in addition to clinicians, post-docs, and graduate students. Our major goal is to advance the field by fostering intensive scientific discussions in a collegial environment. The conference spans four days, and the session topics are detailed here.
KSHV 2019 has incredible potential for furthering the research of a scientific community that aims to have meaningful impact on human disease. We would like to provide an opportunity for you to show your support for our researchers by making a tax-deductible donation. Through industry grants and contributions, our sponsors will be off-setting costs for audio-visual support, networking events to provide opportunities for scientists to interface in addition to subsidizing the travel of trainees. We will recognize your contribution on displays at prominent points during the conference (slides and banners), and on its website (ksvirus.org)
We suggest donations at the following levels:
- Gold ($5,000-10,000), includes tabletop exhibit, two participant badges, recognition as sponsor of one of the Scientific Sessions, full page ad in the final program & abstract book, recognition on slides and signs at the meeting as well as on the Website ksvirus.org and in e-drivers and in the final program & abstract books
- Silver ($2,000-$5,000), includes tabletop exhibit, one participant badge, full page ad in the final program & abstract book, recognition on slides and signs at the meeting as well as on the Website ksvirus.org and in e-drivers and in the final program & abstract books
- Bronze ($500-$2000), includes recognition on slides and signs at the meeting as well as on the Website ksvirus.org and in e-drivers and in the final program & abstract books
- Tabletop Exhibit with one participant badge: $1,500, includes 6’ X 30” skirted tabletop exhibit, one participant badge, recognition on slides and signs at the meeting as well as on the Website ksvirus.org and in e-drivers and in the final program & abstract books
- Tabletop Exhibit with two badges, $2,000, includes 6’ X 30” skirted tabletop exhibit, two participant badges, recognition on slides and signs at the meeting as well as on the Website ksvirus.org and in e-drivers and in the final program & abstract books
Additional Sponsorship Opportunities:
Additional Sponsorship Opportunities: (all sponsors & exhibitors will be acknowledged on the www.ksvirus.org website, in e-drivers and on signs and slides at the meeting and in the final program & abstract books.
- Session Sponsorship recognition: $2,000
- Name badge lanyards with company logo: $500 (company to provide the logo, organizers will provide the lanyards)
- Name badge sponsorship: $1,000, includes name badge printing (full-color), plastic holders and company logo on the back of the name badges with a mini program-at-a-glance
- One page black & white ad in the Final Program & Abstract Books: $1,500
- Named Student/Postdoc Travel Awards: $1,500 – $5,000 to offset the participation costs of junior scientists in need of support. In exchange for support, the sponsors logo will be displayed on the ksvirus.org website and other printed materials and publications and once assigned, the names of sponsor funding recipients be published on the website and full contact details will be provided to the sponsor.
- Sponsor of the Welcome Reception at the New York Marriott East Side, $5,000
- Sponsor of the Final Night Networking Dinner, private group dinner on the World Yacht Duchess Dinner Cruise on the Hudson, $10,000. Sponsor will be recognized and can give a short presentation during the event. Sponsor will also be recognized with signs at the boat and a banner may be placed on the boat in a prominent location during boarding.
For further information, please contact: Joan Oefner, Conference Manager.
Regional Organizing Committee
Ethel Cesarman, Weill Cornell Medical College, USA (Co-Chair)
Laurie Krug, Stony Brook University, USA (Co-Chair)
Christine King, SUNY Upstate Medical University, USA
David Lukac, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, USA
Angus Wilson, New York University School of Medicine, USA
The 22nd International Workshop on Kaposi’s Sarcoma Herpesvirus (KSHV) and Related Agents is organized under the auspices of:
Weill Cornell Medicine.
1300 York Avenue
New York, NY 10065
Pathology room C302
Reference: KSHV 2019
Weill Cornell Medicine is a tax exempt organization, the Tax ID number is: 13-1623978